June 28- June 30, 2021
|Tentative Sessions for 2021|
|• Fruit farm tour • IPMs • Beekeepers • Student farm at Penn State|
|Dairy farm tour • sustainability • Beef farm tour • innovations in farming|
Educator’s Ag Institute will be virtual for 2021
This year’s program will again offer farm tours, presentations and hands-on experiences for educators. Check back soon for details on sessions and tours.
Educator’s Ag Institute provides a unique learning experience for teachers, pre-service teachers or community educators and others who work with students in PreK-12th grade. The Institute provides educational sessions that will take you to local farms for tours where will you learn valuable information from those involved in agriculture including farmers, university professors and agriculture leaders. The learning experience also includes hands-on classroom sessions. Sessions cover such topics as nutrition, current and future farming trends, forestry, sustainability, and the increasingly popular use of integrated pest management (IPM) in the farming industry.
Educator’s Ag Institute will provide you with:
- An increased knowledge of agriculture
- First-hand experiences with agriculture on field trips to local farms and agricultural industries
- Lesson plan ideas and activities that are applicable to many subject areas you are teaching on a daily basis in your classroom
- Resources and a network of people to assist you in bringing agriculture to your classroom
- 20-25 Act 48 credits (will need a valid PA PPID)
Educator’s Ag Institute will prepare you to bring agriculture to life in your classroom and across your curriculum. It is a standards-based program that makes real connections. Teachers use the information they’ve received to integrate agriculture and information about the earth’s natural resources into their curriculum. Many educators form lasting bonds with other educators, which extends the idea sharing as they go forth to bring ag into their classrooms!